Certified Pool-Spa Operator (CPO) Certification Training
The Certified Pool-Spa Operator program has delivered more training that any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 282,000 successful CPO® certifications in 64 countries. The CPO certification program is widely accepted by health departments. The CPO Handbook, 2015 Edition has been updated to include the most current information available, including the addition of metric calculations. Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatic industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. The training these instructors provide has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
What are the Benefits of the CPO® Certification Program?
- Proven educational tool
- Widely accepted by local and state authorities
- Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
- All courses are taught by PHTA® certified instructors
- The CPO® certification is recognized nationally and internationally
- Gives participants a better understanding of the operator's role in pool care and management
General Information About the CPO® Certification Program
- The CPO certification program requires participation in either a two day class (14-16 hours) taught by a certified instructor or our new blended format that combines the online Pool Operator Primer™ and one day of the Pool Operator Fusion™ class instruction
- The CPO certification program includes pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, and government requirements
- The CPO certification program requires passing an open book written examination
- The CPO certification is valid for five years
- Also available in Spanish!
Training classes have been carried out across the globe, including the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, China, Mexico, Iceland, Taiwan, Ukraine, Cyprus, and Australia. Find a CPO® certification class near you by visiting the HSPA® website at www.nspf.org or by registering below for one of the upcoming ATP Chemical sponsored certification courses with Greg (Buzz) Butler, a CPO® Certified instructor with over 25 years experience.
Contact Us for Registration and Upcoming Courses
Use the contact form below or call Summer Butler directly at (406) 558-9834.